Christmas of the Past - 2010

This year at the last minute we ended up going to California for Christmas. I was very excited to be with family and to see the sun. we got to be there with all my brothers and their families which was awesome but we apparently brought the rain too! There were record amounts of rain and flooding. Fortunately we know how to deal with rain and watched it from inside!

We did a few Christmas things but mostly just hung out with the family. There are 10 grandchildren and the oldest is 6 so it is a very loud and busy place to have them all together. Kaleb being the youngest boy learned quickly that he could get some attention and a reaction if he threw things or destroyed games, legos or just grabbed toys. He wants to be a big kid so badly. Unfortunately for us that meant a lot of careful watching. And a lot of kids yelling "Kaaa-leb." But the great things is that my parents have a huge yard and lots to do outside so when the rain was gone that is where we sent the kids.

We were fortunate enough to go out to eat with a few local friends, play Let's Dance on the Wii, make cookies with Grammy, make lots of fudge (not so good for the waistline), do some shopping, eat at some of our favorite spots, help Papa with a few projects, and just relax with all my brothers and their families.








Kaleb had a fun time openig gifts Christmas morning. He was excited to tear that paper open and to see what everyone else got too. His sister watched carefully!





One sunny day we went the park to have lunch and play! It was so fun to watch the kids play tag, baseball, and or course soccer. I leaned how to play soccer playing with my brothers and I loved having a few minutes to kick the ball around. I can't remember the last time we played together.





1 comment:

Alex said...

I haven't looked at blogs in over a year... sad, I know. Thanks for the Christmas picks, we had a great time too!