Kindergarten

After one week of moving to Arizona Kaleb started Kindergarten! I was not expecting that to happen so soon but it worked out great. He was so excited and happy to be going to school. Here he is on the first day of school.

 He is ready to go into school and I just want to take more pictures, ha ha!


 Avery wanted to stay with Kaleb, she thinks she is bigger than she is!
 Even though it is blaz'n hot we still walk to and from school. As a Kindergartner he has to be picked up at their playground. So it is more work to drive the two blocks than it is to walk. This is usually how things look, Kaleb ahead anxious to get to school and Avery relaxing in the stroller. Some days I make her walk and most of those days I have to carry her part of the way home.

Kaleb is doing great at school and I love to see all that he is learning. He is doing great at sounding out words and is so excited to be able to read to his sister. Right after school started he would come home and get out his notebook and just write words. Any words that he could see or find. When writing you can hear him sounding out the letters and trying to decide what to write. If you ask him what his favorite part of school is he will tell you everything and then he will say recess. He mostly plays tag at recess but sometimes a few girls from church will chase or follow him. He says he doesn't know what to do or how to get them to stop but I can tell that he really likes it! 
At the beginning of the school year his teacher got him confused with another student and told me that we needed to talk about his behavior. I was shocked and then the next day she called to tell me it was another boy and that he was doing great! 
At the end of September Kaleb got a note, which means that he did not do great all day. The note was to tell me that as the class was lining up to go to library Kaleb pulled the fire alarm. Once I stared to ask him about it he started to cry, it was very upsetting. After talking it out with him it turns out that someone told him to pull on the fire alarm and so he did (we have since talked a lot about peer pressure). The teacher sent him to talk with the assistant principle and then walked back to his class in the library. That night he wrote his teacher a sorry note. The poor kid felt so bad, which just showed me how sensitive and good of a kid he really is. I sure do love this little man!

No comments: