We love this little man and are so blessed to be his parents. It has been 6 months since he entered our lives. We are learning a lot as first time parents and try to provide him with all he needs. Which includes leaning how much sleep he needs and when, and what new foods to try. We have seen this little guy change so much these 6 months. He has gone from a full head of hair, skinny long legs and arms, blue eyes and peach fuzz all over. To not much hair at all, brown eyes, and someone who loves to eat and therefore gaining a few pounds! These days Kaleb keeps us on our toes as he is doing the army crawl and even pulling himself up on a few things. I recently found him holding onto two branches of the Christmas tree and had pulled himself from sitting to standing up, it was actually quite funny. So in light of Kaleb's Half Birthday here are 6 things you might not know about him along with pictures since his birth.
1. Kaleb gets a huge grin on his face when we get him out of bed in the morning. He gets this same excited grin on his face when Kevin comes home from school. He definitely knows who his family is are makes us feel so loved.
2. Kaleb loves to eat real food. He reaches our plates, cups or any real food he sees. He makes some of the cutest sounds when he drinks a bottle or eats cereal. So far he has tried rice cereal, Butternut squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes.
3. Kaleb gets this sparkle in his eyes and a confident accomplished looks on his face when you help him stand up. In his head I am sure that he is thinking "I am totally cool, I can stand up like those big people!"
4. Kaleb is a friend to all. We love that he is willing to let others hold him and even smiles at them. With new faces he usually has an unsure look on his face while he studies them but after a minute he will give them a cute grin. I guess the Stranger Danger has not set in yet.
5. Kaleb loves it when you sing to him. He especially likes Old McDonald and Popcorn Popping (with the hand movements of course). This is also a technique used to calm him down, and it works most of the time.
6. Kaleb is now gotten to where he will put his arms out for you. If you are playing with him on the floor he will army crawl to you and grab for you. This is one of those things that just melts my heart.
Ten tiny little fingers that always want to play,
That never stop exploring the wonder of today.
Ten tiny little fingers that from the very start,
Will reach out for tomorrow yet always hold your heart.
Kaleb we love you!