Ready to Run!

There is something so therapeutic about running. It gives me time to think about life and all that is going on. I often think about how I can be a better person and encourage myself in the things I do. I love how running is like life, it is hard and sometimes you want to quit or go the easy route but when you finish and accomplish your goal it feels GREAT! I am also trying to get in better shape which is also an incentive to run. Here in Portland I have been so blessed to find a dedicated group of runners. You ladies encourage and inspire me! We recently ran a 12K race and it was a perfect first race after years of taking a break! I especially loved having Kevin and Kaleb cheering me on!

8 comments:

Julie said...

you impress me! I can barely run 2 miles let alone a 12K! Nice job! And Kaleb's swim shorts are super cute!

Lee and Valerie Gunther said...

We are so awesome! I loved reading your little running blog, it reminded me why I don't smash my alarm at 5:30 AM three times a week! :) I am so glad all of us keep each other motivated!

Katie said...

You go girl!

Lacey said...

I have always wanted to be a runner. It's such a good work out and it seems to be so rewarding but I just can't get into it. Have you always loved running or did you have to learn to love it? Maybe one day I can learn to love it too. Congrats on your race girls, you look great out there!

Kendra said...

Nice job! A 12k sounds a little rough! So when's your next marathon???

lynz said...

i think it's a blessing to love running like you do and one that i wish i had and should probably work harder at getting. so...props to you runner girls who finished a really hard hilly race and keep each other motivated :)

Steph said...

I'm impressed, as always, with your running. I want to be like you!
Way to go!!

Nicole W. said...

YaY for us!!! I love our running group!!
xo